Tuesday, November 20, 2012

best ever chocolate cake.

my dear friend and her family came to stay with us this weekend.
it was her birthday.
i made cake!
 this is my very favorite chocolate cake.
i bought a bundt pan this year so i could make it without having to borrow my mother-in-laws!
it is delicious.  
so delicious we started eating it before we remembered to sing to her.
so, when with friends.  make cake... delicious cake.
also, make silly faces!  ;)

The Best Chocolate Cake in the World…

1 Chocolate cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 C. vegetable oil
1 Pint sour cream
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1 large package chocolate chips (about 2 cups)


Grease and flour bunt pan well.  Beat first five ingredients with a mixer for at least 2 min. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into pan.  Bake at 350 for 1 hr or slightly under, let cool completely in pan.

Chocolate Ganache
 4-5 oz bittersweet chocolate (I buy a 4 oz bar of 60% Ghiradelli)
1/2 C. heavy cream

Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth.


xx
nicke

linking up with debbies table!

10 comments:

  1. My bestie will be here tonight...I am so excited! I am going to print the recipe for this cake. I think she needs to make it for me as my birthday is next week! I will be -- years old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm. looks and sounds delish! And honestly, I think 'ganache' is one of my top ten favorite words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, that looks good! And a friend to share it with? What could be better?!

    BTW, your recipe reminds me of one that I have for making it in a crock pot--that warm chocolately smell and then you get to eat it warm. If you'd like that recipe, let me know. It's fab for the holidays because you're cooking dessert without doing anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, sweet! I'm glad you had some fun with your sweet friend. Cake makes everything better. And of course, you know I love the silly faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! We always try to have one dessert per person at Thanksgiving, maybe I'll add a chocolate one this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had fun! (and cake, obviously ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, this looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you...