Thursday, December 1, 2011

Merry Christmas...

i went to joanns the other day in search of some cheap christmas fabric.
as in inexpensive...
i came home with these prints and decided to make a few christmas pillowcases for the wee ones.
i love this crazy santa.  
who doesn't love a santa in pointy toed high healed boots?
 i love making pillow cases.  
they are so quick and easy...
 i used this tute, but modified the measurements a bit.
that burrito case... it works like a dream.
and Ferk, serged it up lickity split! 
mr. h could not have a ruffle.  that just wouldn't do...  
the remaining fabric has been made into christmas pillow covers...  
my dance with a zippered pillow was a little bit of a fiasco... 
i am determined to figure it out but have to admit, envelope closures are my favorite!
i will take pics once the sun is up...

19 comments:

  1. LOVE! I want christmassy pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this Santa print!!! Sometimes you can find a real gem at Jo-Anns :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the Santa!!!!!! Great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pillowcases. They are very pretty. Can't wait to see the pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that santa fabric is really cute!

    love the ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Transvestite Santa - now I've seen it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it what you find great finds at Joann's ...I really...really like the red and white fabric. I think I have to go to Joann's today ;o) !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, and giggling at Santa in heels :oD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! I just made some pillowcases too; such an easy way to spruce up a room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ruffles too! They really add something special to those pillows (although the pointy toed santas are pretty special on their own)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the Santa print!!! They turned out really cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude, I haven't seen something I loved so much since I watched Bing Crosby tap-dance with Danny f*#king Kaye. Merry Christmas, holy shit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun way to decorate the kids rooms a bit, maybe my girls and I should add this to our 'craft list' for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute. Just pull out our cases the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh that is so cute!! I love the red and white fabric pillow case. Wish I knew how to make them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pillowcases are great. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

thank you...